Saturday, December 10, 2011

New England

I don't want to go on about being back in a place that was, once, home.  It would sound too nostalgic when in fact, I'm really feeling quite centered, quite content.  I'm happy with the choices I've made, even though they've brought me away from this place and the handful of people that made it home.

I've had coffee and talked Books with Holly B, watched crap movies with my friend, I've had tea and sandwiches at a tea shop in Greenfield and wandered the snow-covered maple woods of Bart's home.  We've visited bookstores, made soup, and even found a seed for a new book I hope to work on.  I've been fighting off a headcold.  Today, I think I'm winning.

I don't know what changed in the last few weeks, but I've found that there's always something to be grateful for, something to make me feel thoroughly blessed.  Even if it's just the color of the lights in a passing building, or a cup of really nice Chai, or finally, finally riding once more in a pickup truck, navigating the back roads of Massachusetts.  I'm thankful for this place, and for Glasgow, and for every step in between.

As we reach the darkest day of the year, what are the things that bring you light?  What are you truly grateful for, both large and small?  It's amazing how enjoying the little things makes tackling the big difficulties so much easier.



0 comments:

Post a Comment